Gautam Buddha or “the enlightened one” was a sage whose teachings laid the foundation of Buddhism. His teachings are a bit different from other religions as he asks people to make their own choices, without being too extreme on the religion. Let’s have a look at some of the famous teachings of Buddha and try to learn something from them
Today, on Buddha Purnima, the birthday of Gautam Buddha, we decided to put together 15 quotes and teachings from the spiritual master, for you to be inspired and make important necessary life changes.
1. Three things cannot hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth
2. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
3. Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.
4. There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path.
5. You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.
6. If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly our whole life would change.
7. Do not dwell in the past; do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
8. The mind is everything. What you think you become.
9. Pain is certain, suffering is optional
10. Doubt everything. Find your own light.
11. All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain
12. If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.
13. The tongue is like a sharp knife. It kills without drawing blood.
14. Every human being is the author of his own health or disease
15. In the end, these things matter most: How well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?