BJP had written a history by winning 312 seats in UP elections. Now, speculations have started as which leaders will make it to the minister’s portfolio in Uttar Pradesh Govt. NLC has the exclusive details about the ministers who will get the cabinet ministry spot in UP Government. For CM post, there are four names coming up for the position which includes Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, telecom minister Manoj Sinha, state party chief Keshav Prasad Maurya and hardliner Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adityanath are top contenders for the coveted job.
The big leaders who will get the ministry are:
1) Suresh Kumar Khanna: – He has been MLA for eight straight terms. He has represented the Shahjahanpur constituency during all his terms and having a clean image will do the rounds for the BJP.
2) Siddharth Nath Singh: – He is the grandson of former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri. He became the MLA from Allahabad West Constituency defeating two-time BSP MLA Pooja Pal by 25,336 votes. He is a strong contender for the position due to his close association with PM Narendra Modi
3) Dinesh Sharma: – Dinesh Sharma, the mayor of Lucknow and national vice president of the party, is believed to enjoy PM Narendra Modi’s confidence as well as the backing of the RSS. The Lucknow University professor was assigned the charge of the PM’s home state Gujarat soon after the party’s landslide victory in 2014 Lok Sabha election
4) Rita Bahuguna Joshi: She is a popular face in UP Politics, prior joining BJP, she has served her 24 years in Congress. She was also the president of Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee from 2007 to 2012. Her experience in politics will be a strong point for getting a minister portfolio in UP Government.
5) Brajesh Pathak: He is well known as the Brahmin face of Uttar Pradesh. Prior joining to BJP, he was a leader from BSP, where he was given various positions. He is an MLA from Lucknow Central. His entry in BJP was heroic and earned strength to BJP for upcoming election in 2017
6) Pankaj Singh: He is the elder son of Home Minister Rajnath Singh and currently working as a General Secretary-BJP, Uttar Pradesh. He has been very active in politics since 2002. He had represented Noida constituency in the 2017 state Assembly elections.
7) Shri Kant Sharma: He is the BJP national General Secretary and was elected from Mathura. He has been very active in BJP for many years now and may get a strong portfolio in UP government.
8) Sandeep Singh: the newly-elected MLA from Atrauli in Aligarh, who is the grandson of former CM and now governor Kalyan Singh, could also make it to the new cabinet. He is a third generation BJP leader from Kalyan Singh’s family. In fact, grandfather Kalyan Singh, and mother, Premlata, have represented the Atrauli constituency.
9) Rajesh Agarwal: He had represented Bareilly Cantt. Besides being a state minister, he has been the deputy speaker in the UP assembly from 2004-07. A strong point favouring him to get the minister portfolio.
10) Jagan Prasad: Now five times MLA from Agra (North) he is also a strong contender due to the seniority factor. His loyalty towards BJP might help him to get a minister berth in UP Govt.
11) Radha Krishna Sharma: – He is a second-term MLA from BJP representing Bilsi constituency. He is a popular Brahmin face in the rural region, which may help him to get the minister portfolio.
12) Chetan Chauhan: He is a big bet for UP Assembly elections from BJP. As he is a former cricketer who played 40 test matches for India, a big bet because of his fan following he enjoys with him. He was also the member of parliament, elected to the Lok Sabha from Amroha in Uttar Pradesh.
13) Surya Pratap Shahi: He was a member of Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly from Kasia assembly segment in Deoria (later Kushinagar) district for three terms during 1985-1989; 1991-1993; 1996-2002. Shahi served as cabinet minister in the Government of Uttar Pradesh for two terms.
14) Fateh Bahadur Singh: The son of former CM Veer Bahadur Singh, has won from Caimpiyarganj, constituency No. 361 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly. He won by 90,826 votes.
15) Ashutosh Tandon- Tandon is a member of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly from the Lucknow East constituency in Lucknow district. He is a son of Bharatiya Janata Party leader and former MP from Lucknow Lalji Tandon.
16) Dharam Pal Singh – He is a member of the seventeenth Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh in India. He represents the Aonla constituency of Uttar Pradesh and is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party. He had received 63101 votes from his constituency.
Here’s the complete list of all the candidates that will get the ministry in UP Government.