2019 Lok Sabha Elections are just a week ahead and BJP Delhi has not yet declared its list of MP’s contesting upcoming Lok Sabha Polls. There are a lot of speculation regarding the issue of not declaring the list but the facts are somewhat different. A top BJP party in delhi functionary at the cost of anonymity told NLC some key features about why BJP is not releasing the list of candidates in Delhi over a telephonic conversation.
Key Features why BJP is not releasing list –
- BJP doesn’t have any popular or know face in Delhi who can beat AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal. It’s to be believed that BJP will fight in Delhi at the name of PM Narendra Modi and his achievements.
- Delhi Police retired IPS Deepak Mishra has mounted a lot of pressure on party functionaries for the ticket. He is demanding BJP Delhi president Manoj Tiwari’s constituency ticket.
- BJP Delhi president Manoj Tiwari and retired IPS Deepak Mishra both has created a lot of pressure on Delhi BJP in-charge of distributing tickets Nirmala Sitharaman that she has taken a call for Amit Shah to resolve this issue.
- Ex Cricketer Gautam Gambhir has lost his interest in contesting election from New Delhi on BJP ticket. Gautam Gambhir knows that New Delhi seat wouldn’t be easy for him to win and therefore he is very less interested in contesting election. Party is making every possible effort to convince him to contest election.
- Meenakshi Lekhi a parachute leader who was introduced to contest upcoming lok sabha polls from New Delhi seat has been removed from the party. Meenakshi’s ticket has been cut and she wouldn’t be able to contest election. Since being betrayed by BJP she has launched a series of uttered bitter words at FM Arun Jetli for allocating his seat to Gautam Gambhir.
- Mahesh Giri, who got ticket on the recommendation of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar in 2014 has been kept away this time from contesting election.
- Party is not happy with the dalit leader Udit Raj. Udit’s ticket has been cancelled. “No matter whether BJP gives me ticket or not but i’ll contest 2019 lok sabha election. it depends if i need to go for independent candidature” Udit Raj said.