Many schools in Bangalore received bomb threats through emails on Friday morning. The email claimed that explosives had been planted on the school premises. The matter was immediately informed to the police. After this a search operation was conducted in all the schools. At present no suspicious items have been found.
According to the information, 44 private schools in Bangalore have received threatening emails. After this the schools issued an advisory for parents. It says that we are facing an unprecedented situation in school today. The school continues to face security threats from unknown sources. We prioritise the safety of our children, so we have decided to disperse students immediately.
Earlier in the matter, Karnataka Home Minister Dr. G Parameshwara said that at present we have received information about 15 schools where threatening e-mails have been received. Such threats were received last year also. We cannot take any risk, we are investigating the schools and taking action. All precautionary measures are being taken in schools. We will take strict action against those making threatening calls. We are looking into all aspects.
At the same time, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said that the police will investigate. They have been instructed to do so. Security measures have also been taken. Parents do not need to panic. I have instructed the police to inspect schools and increase security. Preliminary report has been received from the police department.