Firebrand and known for its hardline “Hindutva” image and five-time Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adityanath is taking oath on Sunday. The BJP won 312 assembly seats out of 403 in Uttar Pradesh.
So, who is Yogi Adityanath actually? Let’s have a look about his history.
- His real name is Ajay Singh Negi. He changed his name after he went on to become a “Sanyaasi”. He hails from Uttarakhand. He is currently an MP from Gorakhpur.
2. He is a science graduate and holds a degree in B.Sc from HNB Garhwal University, Sri Nagar, Uttarakhand
3. He is an animal lover and loves to spend his spare time with nature animals. He also has animal trusts in his name where his staff takes care of animals which are injured or left abandoned by their master.
4. Adityanath is the successor to former Hindu Maha Sabha president Mahant Avaidyanath. Yogi remains 24*7 beside Mahant Avaidyanath when he was admitted to Medanta hospital.
5. Yogi Adityanath is also the head priest of the Gorakhnath temple. Adityanath has been winning the Gorakhpur seat in UP since 1998; at 26, he was the youngest MP in the 12th Lok Sabha.
6. His trust runs more than 100 schools and colleges giving education to underprivileged students.
The new Chief Minister along with his Cabinet colleagues will take oath on March 19 at 5.00 pm at Kanshiram Smriti Upvan,” Governor Ram Naik said in a statement yesterday.