Taking over the reins from his mother Sonia Gandhi, who led the oldest party for 19 long years, Rahul Gandhi on Saturday officially named as the newly crowned prince of the Indian National Congress, who took charge in a ceremony on the lawns of the party’s 24 Akbar Road headquarters in Delhi.
The 47-year-old, who used to be the soft target for trolls and seen as a reluctant politician but has lately shown signs of shedding that image.
In his first address to the people, Congress new President attacked the PM Modi saying the PM is “taking back to medieval times.”
Here are the top quotes Congress New President Rahul Gandhi said.
1. Politics belongs to the people, but today politics is not being used for people. It is not being used to uplift people, but to crush them.
2. Many of us are disillusioned by politics of our time. Today, politics is devoid of kindness and truth.
3. When I joined politics, I learnt that moment you stand up for the poor and challenge those who hold the seat of power, they will come after you. These regressive forces win not because they deserve to, but because they are powerful.
4. We are now being compelled to imagine that businesses can be built without harmony that only one man himself is the voice of reason. Expertise, experience and knowledge can be cast aside for personal glory
5. You have an example in front of you, once a fire breaks out it is difficult to douse it, that is what we are telling the people of BJP, that if you set the nation on fire it will be difficult to control. Today BJP has spread the fire of violence across the country.