Navjot Singh Sidhu’s ‘Seven Meal’ Unique Diet In Jail Will Surprise You
Written By: Aashish Vashistha
May 26, 2022: Famous Congress Leader, Navjot Singh Sidhu is serving a year -long jail sentence in a 1988 road rage case involving a man’s death. Very recently, When Sidhu was taken to a Govt. Rajindra Hospital under heavy security for medical checkup, it was observed by the Court of Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) that the jail authorities should have to implement the diet plan for the cricketer-turned-politician, as per latesr reports.
Here is the exclusive diet chart of the famous cricketer turned politician:
Early morning – Rosemary tea (1 cup), half a glass of white petha juice, ash gourd or coconut juice.
2. Breakfast – Lactose-free milk (1cup), one tablespoon of flax seeds, chia seeds, sunflower or melon seeds, 5-6 almonds, 1 walnut and 2 pecan nuts.
3. Brunch/ Mid-morning meal – One glass of beetroot or ghia (bottle gourd) or cucumber or mausami (sweet lemon) or Tulsi & Mint leaves or amla (gooseberry) or celery leaves or fresh haldi (turmeric) or carrot or aloe vera juice. Alternatively, Sidhu can have one fruit from among watermelon, melon, kiwi, strawberry, guava, apple, and wood apple. He can also opt for sprouted black chana (25 gm) plus green gram dal (25gm) plus kheera (cucumber)/tomato/half lemon/avocado.
4. Lunch – One chappati of 30 gm comprising sorghum, singhara and ragi flour in equal quantity with one bowl each of seasonal green vegetable and of cucumber and ghia raita or one bowl of beet root raita, a green salad bowl of cucumber, tomato, kakri, lettuce leaves and half lemon) and one glass of lassi.
5. Evening – A cup of 100 ml tea with low fat milk and no sugar and 25 gm of paneer slice or 25 gm Tofu with half lemon.
6. Dinner – A bowl of mixed vegetable and dal soup/black chana soup with a 200 gm bowl sprinkled with black pepper powder and consisting of sauteed vegetables (carrot, beans, broccoli, mushroom, bell pepper).
7. Bed-time – A cup of Chamomile tea and one tablespoon Psyllium husk with half glass warm water.
Actually this diet and recommendations came into light after the 58-year-old Congress leader suffers from medical conditions like embolism and has a liver ailment. Sidhu has also been recommended to drink 10-12 glasses of water per day; avoid processed foods; avoid saturated fats (desi ghee, butter, white butter); use olive oil, rice bran oil, mustard oil or cold-pressed mustard or sunflower oils; do not sprinkle table salt on any salad; use iodized salt in small quantity; and also suggested to do regular exercise. Followups on this news are much awaited.