India’s great boxer Mary Kom created a stir on Wednesday by talking about her retirement. It was told in media reports that this Olympic medal winning boxer has retired. Everyone was surprised about this, but now Mary Kom has surprised everyone by giving another statement. She has said that her retirement statement was misrepresented. She has not retired yet. She said that whenever she retires, she herself will appear in front of the media.
In fact, Mary Kom, one of India’s most popular players, on Wednesday said how the age limit prevents her from participating in most of the tournaments and her career is almost over. However, now in an interview, Mary Kom confirmed that she has not retired yet, but is definitely planning to do so. This veteran boxer said, ‘I have seen some media reports in which it is said that I have retired. My statement was misrepresented.
Earlier on Wednesday, Mary had said in an event, ‘I still have the hunger, but unfortunately due to the age limit, I cannot participate in any tournament. I want to play as many matches as possible, but I am being forced to leave the game (due to age limit). I want to retire. I have achieved everything in my life. Mary Kom alleges that her statement was misrepresented. She also told the whole story behind it.
Regarding her statement, Mary said- I had gone to Dibrugarh on 24 January to participate in a school program. Then I was motivating the children. Then I had said – I still have the hunger to achieve in sports, but cannot participate in the Olympics due to age limit. However, I can continue playing. I am still focusing on fitness and whenever I retire, I will inform everyone about it.