Here Are The List Of People Who Made Big In KBC, But Were Forgotten With Time.
“Kaun Banega Crorepati” which is modelled on the UK game show ‘Who wants to be a Millionaire’ is one of the most popular and watched Indian TV reality show which has garnered many of the Indian audiences in years that followed. Now, it becomes a legit question to ask in what direction that lump sum of amount varied the path of those winners.
So, here is a list of some contestants who won the highest prize money at stake:
- Harshwardhan Nawathe (Won 1cr in season 1 in 2000): At the time of contesting KBC, he was preparing for Civil Service Exam. However, he did not sit for the CSE exam and later pursued MBA from a university in the UK. Currently, he is married works with Mahindra & Mahindra.
- Ravi Mohan Saini (Won 1cr in season 1 of KBC Junior in 2001): At a tender age of just 14 years, this boy becomes a multi-millionaire and a won prize of Rs 1cr. His interest in knowing things led him to crack the Civil Services Exam and joined the Indian Police Service.
- Rahat Taslim (Won 1Cr in season 4, 2010): Coming from a conservative family with little financial support, this lady was the first to becomes “crorepati.” A simple housewife of Giridih, Jharkhand may have never thought that her journey will also lead her to become the winner of KBC. With the prize she won, she had opened a garment showroom in a shopping mall in Giridih which is doing well.
- Sushil Kumar (Won 5Cr in season 5, 2011): He is the first among the contestant who won the highest amount in KBC i.e 5Cr. He used to work as a computer operator under the MNREGA scheme at a meagre income of 6k per month before taking part in the show. Though there were many rumours surrounding that he is broke and had left with no money and is unemployed. He has few shops in his name in his hometown Motihari and a business in the national capital. He had also engaged himself with social work by adopting 40 children of Naxal affected area and educated them.
- Summit Kaur (Won 5Cr in season 6 held in 2012): She wanted to become the fashion designer but because of her in-laws, she wasn’t able to do so. She tried her hands in tiffin service, but it didn’t do well either as she met with an accident and was bedridden for 6 months. But destiny had decided something better for her, she won the KBC and went on to become what she wanted. Now, she has a fashion house with a partner which is operating till now.
- Taj Mohammad Rangrej (Won 1Cr in the season, 2013): He was the first contestant of season 7 who won the winning prize of 1Cr. Before participating, he was a history teacher. After winning the game, he utilised the money in his daughter’s treatment for partial vision impairment, bought a house and founded the marriage of two orphaned girls, a pretty humanitarian act.
- Achin Narula and Sarthak Narula(Won 7Cr in season 8, 2014): After being rejected for 10 times, they did not lose hope and finally ended up winning the title. They utilised it in the cancer treatment of their mother and started their own business and are currently operating the same.