News Leak Centre

No Fear No Favour

4-year-old boy dies after swallowing a toy inside chips packet

In a recent incident from Eluru, a 4-year-old boy died after mistakenly swallowing a rubber toy that was inside a chips packet at a residence in Kumanirevu area of Eluru town in West Godavari district on Tuesday morning.

The boy was identified as Meesala Nirakshana Kumar (4), an LKG student at a private school. According to hospital sources, the incident happened in the morning when Kumar was asked by his father Lakshman Rao to get milk packets near a Kirana shop. Kumar went to the shop and along with the milk packet. According to the Times of India, the father purchased a packet of Diamond Rings chips. Inside the chips packet, a rubber toy depicting a movie character of ‘Emoji’ was kept inside for free.

After reaching the house, he began consuming the circular chips and assumed that the rubber toy too was consumable and swallowed it. Within seconds, Kumar choked and was gasping for breath and immediately his parents rushed him to Eluru Government General Hospital for treatment. The doctors declared the boy was dead after they reached the hospital.

Officials examined his body and removed the toy from his mouth. Lakshman Rao, a businessman has two sons and Kumar was the youngest.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *