News Leak Centre

No Fear No Favour

The irresponsibility of a family leads to the sudden death of one of their members

By Purvi Jain

A 40-year-old man died in a government hospital in Kota as his family members unplugged the ventilator he was on to plug in an air cooler.

It was suspected that he was suffering from COVID-19 and was being admitted to MBS hospital on 13th June 2020. But later the reports came negative.

A three-member committee will be going to probe the incident said the government authorities.

The man was later shifted to an isolation ward from the ICU as another patient who was coronavirus positive was to be shifted there.

As it was hot in the isolation ward, the family bought air cooler the very same day. On not being able to find a socket for the same the plugged out the ventilator. Around half-hour later, the ventilator ran out of power.

They immediately informed the doctors who addressed the patient but the patient couldn’t survive. Hospital superintendent Dr. Naveen Saxena said that a report will be submitted on Saturday comprising of deputy superintendent and chief medical officer.

The committee has recorded the statement of medical staff in the ward but family members are not responding upon it.

The doctors said action will be taken against who so ever is found guilty for the same.

Deputy Superintendent denied commenting on finding saying probe was underway.

The ward was having 4-5 medical stations and one resident doctor on duty.

Family members did not take prior permission to plug-in cooler and later when patients died they misbehaved with the staff, says the hospital authority.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.