News Leak Centre

No Fear No Favour

Bhopal: 2 Corona patients died due to shortage of oxygen in the JP hospital.

This is a sample image

Major negligence has been revealed in the District Hospital of the Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal. Two patients died late Wednesday night in the corona ward of Jaypee Hospital. The family members of the deceased have alleged that the oxygen supply was stopped at night, due to which the patients lost their lives.

50-year-old Ramrati Ahirwar was admitted to the ICU, while CB Meshram was admitted to the corona suspected ward. On the allegations, JP’s civil surgeon Dr. Rajesh Srivastava says that the oxygen supply was not stopped. The condition of both patients was critical.

Till now, no inquiry has been ordered in this case. On 11 December 2020, the oxygen supply was stopped due to two hours of power failure in the corona ward of Hamidia. Then three patients on oxygen support lost their lives. However, a clean chit was given in the investigation report.

Ramrati’s son Jeevan told Dainik Bhaskar, “The mother was admitted to JP on March 28, when she had a high fever. On 29, her corona report came positive. Mother’s condition was good on Wednesday night. She talked to me, ate daliya, and slept. I stayed outside the ward at night. At half-past two in the night, a patient in the ward was screaming badly. Then I wanted to go to the ward, but the guard did not let me in.

At 7 in the morning, the doctor called and told me that the mother’s condition is very bad. Mother was lying insensible inside. We wanted to take the mother to another hospital, even brought her out, but the hospitalists called the police and did not let us take the mother to another hospital. The dead body was handed over the next day in the afternoon.’

The second deceased, CB Meshram, was admitted by relatives here two days ago. He had pneumonia. According to the hospital management, his corona examination was done, but the antigen test was negative. In this case, the RTPCR sample was taken and sent for investigation. In the event of the report not coming, he was being treated by keeping him in the Corona Suspect Ward. Where he died at around 3 am on Thursday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *