NLC Sattire: #ModiEffect, Facebook, Twitter is giving 50 days notice to users for verifying their accounts, as they plan to make social media a corruption free.
Like Indian economy is facing the evil of black money, Facebook and Twitter have seen the plenty of fake and anonymous accounts growing in the past five years.
As per the latest data, Facebook has approximately 71 million active Indian users out of which 15 million are anonymous/fake while Twitter has 22 million active Indian users out of which 7 million are anonymous/fake, posing a big threat to the idea of troll-less (white) social media.
The CEOs of Facebook and Twitter issued a joint statement: “All anonymous / fake accounts with more than 500 friends / 1000 followers will be suspended at 12 midnight of 11th November. These friends/ followers along with content can be transferred to the original account till 31st December 2016.”
Here are some of the highlights of the historic speech:
1. No content can be posted / tweeted / shared / re-tweeted from the anonymous/fake account after 12 am of 9th Nov.
2. The content of the anonymous account can be transferred by submitting an original DP/ original name. The last date for the same is 31st Dec.
3. In case of an emergency post (like trolling a politician / cricketer / film celebrity), user can login using his original login details and post for the next 72 hours.
4. All users with less than 100 followers will continue to exist and be spared from suspension.
5. A daily withdrawal cap of 2000 tweets/day has been put which will be later increased to 4000 tweets/day
“Your content and followers will remain yours. No need to panic. You have 50 days to submit the proof,” assured Zuckerberg.
Mark Zuckerberg, said that they way Modi announced the #Demonetisation really paved the way to make India a corruption free country, now for Facebook and Twitter we are doing the same. We are pledged to make Social Media a corruption free space.
While PM Modi welcomed the decision, Rahul Gandhi told to media that these moves will only be going to affect the normal person, who uses Facebook for updating their post and photos.
AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal said to reporters that the move by Facebook and Twitter was pre-planned and this move is only done to make big troll accounts verified ones.
This article is only a satire.
BY: Saket Sharma