Indian Railways in the process of renovating 30 trains, 15 Shatabdis and 15 Rajdhanis, at the total cost of Rs 25 crore under the ‘Swarn Project’. The project launched during the tenure of former railway minister Suresh Prabhu will equip the trains with state of the art facilities. The refurbished trains will be known as ‘Swarn trains’ (gold standard). Here is a look at some of the facilities of this train
Travelling experience to passengers, Indian Railways, the fourth-longest network in the world, is planning to roll out top-notch facilities for new trains. Railways is looking to unveil new
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has said: “Despite challenges, we undertook several initiatives in 2016 which will bear fruits later. In 2017, we are looking to progress on the many new initiatives we have launched,”
Indian Railway to provide these facilities to its passengers:
- An on-board entertainment system
- Trolley services for catering
- Toilets installed with automatic doors
- CCTVs system on all coaches and additional Railway Protection Force personnel.
- Vibrant vinyl coatings for the interiors
- Fluorescent strips on aisle to guide passengers in the dark
- Toilets with dustbins and personal covers
- Coaches with automatic odour and hygiene control systems.
These above facilities will be provided by our Indian railway department.
By: Mini Singh