The Internet has been creating celebrity for years — from Justin Bieber to the “I Like Turtles” kid. But more people than ever flocked to online communities in 2016 (Pakistani Chaiwala is the latest one), and the opportunity for fame increased exponentially.
In no particular order, here are the Top 5 people who famously caught the Internet’s attention.
1. Arshad Khan, the infamous blue-eyed Pakistani chaiwallah, Whats up with chaiwallahs these days, One became our Nation finest Prime Minister and the other (Arshad Khan) landed a huge modelling deal after his photograph went viral on social media.
2. Jeremy Meeks, The hot felon Jeremy Meeks became an internet sensation without even knowing it in June after being arrested on felony weapons charges in Stockton, California.
3. Zeddie Little aka the Perfect Photogenic Guy. He became famous after his photo where he is seen as running on marathon went viral on the Internet.
4. “Alex from Target.” Apparently, a customer took a photo of the young man (a consummate employee) and posted it to her Twitter account. Within 12 hours of the initial tweet, a Twitter account linked to “Alex from Target” accumulated almost 300,000 followers, and in the days that followed the hashtag #alexfromtarget was tweeted over 800,000 times.
5. Pietro Boselli, the “Hottest Math Teacher”. The Internet went crazy when a student of University College London uploaded a picture of his math teacher on social media. After some digging on the internet, the student came to know that Pietro Boselli, the teacher, has a successful modeling career. Boselli was soon dubbed the world’s hottest math teacher alive.
Only if my face didn’t look like a turd, I would have been an Internet star too.
By: Saket Sharma.