UP Chief Secretary Rajendra Kumar Tiwari in a letter to all district magistrates has released the new COVID guidelines for Uttar Pradesh. Below is the pointwise description:
- Any society that has a single Covid positive will be called the center of the containment zone. Starting from the center to a 25-meter radius will be called the containment zone.
- If more than one COVID positive case is found in a society then starting from the center to 50-meters of the radius will be called the containment zone.
- 20 houses will be taken in a 25-meter radius and 60 houses will be taken in a 50-meter radius as a containment zone. This calculation applies to cities and towns where residential setup is congested. It is not applicable to villages and residential areas where houses are built in distant places.
- In a multi-story building, if a single case is found then the floor where the case is found will be marked as a containment zone, and if more than one case is found in the whole tower will be marked as a containment zone.
- The invigilating team will consist of a representative from the District Health Department, Local Body/Village Development/Panchayati Raaj, and Local Administration. They will maintain the daily report of their assigned areas and will report immediately if any case is found.
- The invigilating team will visit door to door and aware of the families about COVID precaution and symptoms. They will make a separate list of people having symptoms of cold, fever, cough, or neck pain and will duly cross-check their health status.
- Every five teams in a district will have a supervisor, teams will submit their reports every day to the supervisor, the supervisor will submit the report to District Surveillance Officer (DSO), and CSO will submit the reports to District Headquarters.