Nand Ke Anand Bhayo, Jai Yashoda Lal Ki, Shri Krishna Govind Hare Murari, Hey Nath Narayan Vasudeva or Badi Der Bhari Nandlala, Teri Raah Take Brijbala, it’s time to listen all these all time classic Krishna Bhajan again, Krishna Janmashtami is today, you probably thinking how to celebrate it, right?
Well, we got it all covered for you, here are 11 instructions for you to follow, in order to celebrate and enjoy Krishna Janmashtami festival.
1. Janmashtami is not just about observing fast and praying, it is also about food, fun and celebration. Lord Krishna, wherever he is prayed as Bal Gopal, is often considered a small baby and is treated with a lot of affection and love. So infuse fun and joy into the Janmashtami celebrations.
2. Decorate your home with flowers for a fresh and festive look.
3. In the evening light diyas and electric bulbs just like you do on Diwali and on birthday celebration.
4. Cook something delightful for your little Krishna, apart from the regular stuff.
5. Make it a get together of family and friends, but do not over strain yourself (It’s a festival, remember), get everyone involved in puja chores so that the burden is equally divided.
6. Spend the night of Krishna’s birth chatting, singing, playacting with family and friends.
7. Go shopping and buy gift items for all family members, and something really nice for your little Krishna like new clothes or makkhan.
8. Get a Handi and fill it with little goodies for everyone in the family and ask each member to pick his gift.
9. Ask each member of the family to cook one dish for Krishna, the work will be divided and each one will get an opportunity to express his love for the little Lord.
10. If you are at home, do not forget the music. Play some beautiful Krishna bhajans to add to the festive atmosphere. Most Krishna Bhajan was over 10 minutes too.
11. Go to nearest Dahi Handi festival, it’s too much fun.
Bolo Krishna Kanhaiya Lal ki Jai, here’s a Krishna Bhajan’s for you