News Leak Centre

Finally someone made sense in the Kangana -Hrithik spat

Hrithik, who chose to remain silent over the entire controversy with Kangana for a while finally opened up on Thursday by issuing statements describing his side of the story and revealing a few details that the public was unaware about. Here’s the Hrithik’s statement-

Among all this, Hrithtik also appeared for an interview on Republic TV. Here’s the full interview-

And a day after he appeared on Republic TV, for his first ever interview over his spat with Kangana Ranaut, actor Farhan Akhtar penned down an open letter appealing everyone to not take sides or jump into a conclusion in the matter until the truth prevails.

Without naming the two involved parties, the 43-year-old actor, who also co-starred with Hrithik in ZNMD(Zindagi na milegi dobara) expressed his worries and concerns over some sections of media who treated the case in an unfair way by only pushing one side of the story without any evidence of the claims made by the actress.

“Some of our most reputed journalists have, consciously or unconsciously, pushed one side of the narrative without having or presenting any evidence to back the claims being made by the woman. They’ve accepted her story at face value.
Isn’t this discriminating against the other party?”

Farhan further mentioned that being an initiator of MARD foundation in 2013, he’s aware of a few cases where men were stalked, harassed and falsely accused.

Farhan further highlighted a series of events where Kangana’s case in the matter seemed weak against Hrithik and concluded the post by urging people to stop vilifying the actor on the basis of unsubstantiated statements.  If a woman was to receive these sort of emails from a man and she claimed harassment, what would your immediate reaction be?
Would you have given the man the benefit of doubt by believing him if he said they were in a relationship and she had hacked into his computer and sent herself the mails..?
Chances are you wouldn’t.

This is what he posted on Facebook: 

Supporting and agreeing to what Farhan said, celebrities like Sonam Kapoor and Yami Gautam also re-tweeted his post on their Twitter account.

For over a year now, we had only heard Kangana Ranaut narrating her side of the story and Rakesh Roshan who’s been backing and speaking up in public for his son Hrithik in the on-going spat between both the actors.

 

Following his move, several Bollywood celebrities including Twinkle Khanna and Dia Mirza came out in his support.

Last year, the actor had sent a legal notice to the actress for allegedly maligning his image by calling him her “silly ex” in an interview. Kangana didn’t stop there and made many serious allegations against Hrithik.

In April this year, he even filed a police complaint against the actress accusing her of sending explicit emails, stalking and hounding him.

 

Media Wars!! Media Barons Accuses Arnab Goswami’s Republic TV For Foul Play

The new entrant in tv journalism, Republic, has been in the news before it even officially launched. And why it won’t garner all the controversy? After all, it’s been launched by the controversial man of all time, Arnab Goswami.

Since the beginning, Republic has been in the news and most of the time for all the wrong reasons. From being funded by BJP MP Rajeev Chandrashekhar to allegedly taking side for the particular political party, Republic TV had stolen the entire spotlight.

In the new controversy that is surfacing, the News Broadcasters Association (NBA) has alleged that the recently launched Republic TV is resorting to unethical distribution tactics to garner high viewership numbers.

In a letter to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), the NBA has claimed that Arnab Goswami’s channel is running multiple feeds on various multi-system operators’ (MSO) platforms. This is for the first time that NBA has singularly pointed out a channel for alleged trade-related malpractices. A copy of the letter has been accessed by BestMediaInfo.com.

The letter has mentioned that the channel has been listed at multiple locations across different genres in the electronic programme guide (EPG) of various MSOs and other distributors on multiple logical channel numbers (LCNs).

Usually, such cases come out in the public and the complaints are filed only after viewership data is released for the time and when a channel had run on multiple frequencies. This is possibly the first time a complaint has been lodged at the time of implementing multiple feeds.

This might be because Republic TV has been in the limelight much before it was launched on May 6.

A few recent examples of channels being aired at multiple slots include the rebranding of India Today TV (from Headlines Today) when India Today TV and Times Now were both running on multiple feeds. During the last budget, ET Now had filed a complaint against CNBC TV18, claiming their budget viewership was because of dual frequency feeds.

The current complaint letter against Republic mentions the TRAI notification related to Telecommunications (Broadcasting and Cable) Services Interconnection (Addressable Systems) Regulations, 2017 dated March 3, 2017, which stated that “It shall be mandatory for the distributor to place channels in the EPG, in such a way that the television channels of the same genre are placed together consecutively and one channel appears at only one place.”

The issue of genre classification is also mentioned in the consultation paper, ‘Tariff Issues related to TV subscribers’.

The complaint letter has termed the acts of Republic TV as illegal and in clear violation of the regulations. It has also requested TRAI to take action as otherwise, it will encourage other broadcasters to get into an unhealthy competition mode, thereby trying to list their channels in as many as eight genres (as mentioned in the regulations).

It is also pointed out that the act is also misleading for the viewers and the advertisers.

A highly placed source at Republic TV, on condition of anonymity, said, “Times Now has been doing this for years, and so have other channels. As we speak, they are running dual feeds on many major distribution networks, including Hathway, Indian Cable Net Company Limited (ICNCL), SCOD and a few others.”

As per data from Chrome Data and Analytics, Republic TV’s dual/ triple feed was spotted in 171 cities across the country, with maximum push in the Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand markets.