Yogi Aditya Nath has taken the oath as CM of Uttar Pradesh in Lucknow on Sunday. Apart from that, a total of 23 leaders took the oath of the Cabinet Ministers, nine Ministers of State (Independent) and 15 Ministers of State. The swearing-in ceremony witnessed bigwigs from the BJP government like PM Narendra Modi, Home Minister Rajnath Singh and other several BJP leaders including Chief Ministers of all the NDA-ruled states. Former CM Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh was also seen attending the swearing-in ceremony of the new Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
Amidst the oath taking ceremony, there were several unusual moments happened which News Leak Centre observed. Let’s have a look on them:
1) Former Chief Minister, Akhilesh Yadav, was warmly greeted by BJP leaders like Ravi Shankar Prasad, Keshav Prasad Maurya, Dinesh Sharma among other party’s senior leaders. A generous gesture by those who won the election. This is a sight which we haven’t seen before in Uttar Pradesh. Previously, the government in Uttar Pradesh, mainly the BSP and SP, won’t turn up in the oath ceremony of the newly elected government. After a long time, we have seen a warm gesture which had surely sent a positive image in the public.
2)Senior BJP leader, Murli Manohar Joshi, spoke Muslims don’t need to worry. As the population of UP won’t be distinguished under the helm of Yogi Adityanath and also praised Yogi Adityanath’s work where he has done development in his constituency. Praising his work, Murli Manohar Joshi said “He is type of MP who had made hospitals for patients, and we are expecting a developed Uttar Pradesh under Aditya Nath Yogi leadership in the state”
3) After the Babri Masjid incident, Mulayam Singh Yadav and L.K. Advani made the two the poles apart. Uttar Pradesh’s newly elected CM Yogi brought L.K. Advani and SP Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav together sharing the same dice. Not only this, Mulayam Singh Yadav and Akhilesh Yadav were also seen together in the swearing-in ceremony of Yogi Aditya Nath.
4) Mohsin Raza is a spoke person in BJP and may be considered as BJP’s Muslim face in the state. He is the only Muslim MLA who has got a state ministry portfolio in Yogi led government in UP.
5) PM Narendra Modi did not allow any of the leaders to touch his feet, which shows foot licking politics has come to an end. During BSP and SP’s Government, it was a common thing.
6) Pankaj Singh, son of Home Minister Rajnath Singh, who won the Gautam Buddh Nagar constituency by massive votes, did not get any ministry which came as a shock as he was serving the party since 2002