The much awaited election schedules for the different states are being declared by the Election Commission of India. Every perspective for conducing a free and fair election had been examined under deep analysis, said Sunil Arora, Chief Election Commissioner.
Have a sneak-peak look over the press conference conducted by Election Commission of India –
- CEC Sunil Arora said, the scale and complexity in elections had grown over the years and in order to conduct free & fair elections we have held the meetings with the various states and Union Terretories.
- Elections for 543 Lok Sabha seats have to held in May. The term of the present 16th Lok Sabha ends on 3rd June.
- Strict actions will be taken against the violation of law and order during the elections.
- The upcoming 17th Lok Sabha Election will be enhanced by 10 percent more voting booths and VVPATS at all voting booths this time.
- This voters will be able to see the photo of the candidate whom they are electing. This time 10 lakh voting booths will be established as compared to 9 lakh last time.
- Riots sensitive voting booths will be web casted and there will be video recording for at riot sensitive booths.
- Privacy of the people reporting violation at the voting booths will be kept confidential.
- Election Commission of India has asked Google, Facebook and Twitter to certify the ads before running them on their social platforms.
- Lok Sabha elections will be held in 7 phases.
10. 20 states will vote during the first phase of the election.
11. Seven states will caste their vote during the Phase 2 of Lok Sabha Elections including J&K, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tripura, UP, West Bengal and Pudducherry.
12. Thirteen States will caste their votes during the 3rd phase of Lok Sabha Election including Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujrat, J&K, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashta, Odisha, WB, UP, Dadra & Nagar Haweli, and Daman & Diu
13. Eight states will participate during the 4th phase of the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections including Bihar, J&K, Jharkhand, MP, Maharashtra, Odisha, UP and WB.
14. Seven states will caste their votes during 5th phase of the Lok sabha elections including Bihar, J&K, Jharkhand, MP, Rajasthan, UP and West Bengal.
15. During every phase election will take place at different constituency in different states. No state will have an advantage of conducting election of all constituency on a single day.
16. The first phase of voting will start on 11th April and last phase of voting will take place on 19th May.
17. Counting of votes will be executed on 23rd of May.
Stay tunes for more updates and keep refreshing the page for latest Update.