If you have miss-out the big breaking of the day, here’s the recap of all the news that made headlines at international, national, sports, entertainment and business. Let’s have a quick look at news-wrap.
1. U.S. President Donald Trump has proposed a merit-based immigration system that could benefit highly-skilled Indian workers but prevents them from sponsoring their extended families, as part of an aggressive plan which he said will serve the national interest.
However, there was no reference to the H-1B visas, the most sought after by Indian IT professionals, in the proposal which Mr Trump sent to Congress on Sunday.
2. North Korean computer hackers have stolen hundreds of classified military documents from South Korea including detailed wartime operational plans involving its U.S. ally, a report said on Tuesday. Lawmaker, Rhee Cheol-Hee said that the hackers broke into the South’s military network and gained access to 235 gigabytes of sensitive data
3. Wildfires whipped by powerful winds swept through California wine country on Monday, killing 10 people and injuring at least 100, destroying 1,500 homes and businesses and sending thousands fleeing. Flames raged unchecked through high-end resorts, grocery stores and tree-lined neighbourhoods. The fires broke out nearly simultaneously and then exploded overnight.
1. Sonepat court on Tuesday awarded life imprisonment to Lashkar-e-Taiba bomb maker Syed Abdul Karim alias Tunda for his role in 1996 Sonepat blasts. The court of additional sessions judges Sushil Garg also imposed a fine of Rs 1 lakh (Rs 50,000 each for conviction in two sections) on him
2. Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi targeted the RSS and BJP on Tuesday, alleging that they did not give any importance to women. He also said women work at every level in the Congress. Taking a dig at BJP, Congress Chief said, “Have you ever seen a woman wearing shorts at the shakhas? BJP thinks that women are good till the time they are silent, if they speak, they try to shut them down.”
3. Yogi Adityanath-led government in Uttar Pradesh is planning to install a grand statue of Lord Ram in a warrior pose on the River Saryu in Ayodhya, as part of a plan to put the temple town on the religious tourism map. The senior most official of the state tourism department said the statue will come up in Ayodhya.
1. Top Indian shuttlers P.V Sindhu and Saina Nehwal were retained by their respective franchises at the player’s auction of the Premier Badminton League (PBL) here on Monday. Each retained player gets a 25 percent hike in his/her salary from last year, while players who are bought by using the ‘Right-To-Match’ card only get a 10 percent increase from the last year’s selling price.
2. India will be looking to complete its dominance over Australia across formats in the ongoing cricket bilateral series when it takes on the visitor in the T20I here at the Barsapara Stadium on Tuesday.
3. Many of the Indian fans of football gone to depression after having a defeat by the Colombians in the Under 17-football match. In the near win victory, Colombians fight back in the 82nd minute of the game, a minute after Indian scored a goal taking the score to 2-1.
1. Market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) filed a contempt petition in the Supreme Court on Tuesday against Sahara Group chairman Subrata Roy and senior executives for allegedly obstructing the auction of the business conglomerate’s Aamby Valley project near Pune. The petition alleges that the Aamby Valley “had adopted subterfuge methods to avoid auction of the property”.
2. The benchmark BSE Sensex rose by 78 points to end at over two-week high of 31,924.41, marking its third straight day of gains as pharma, oil and gas and banking stocks advanced. The broader NSE Nifty closed above the 10,000-mark for the first time since September 21, gaining 28.20 points, or 0.28% to 10,016.95 after shuttling between 10,034 and 10,002.30.
3. Sebi has ordered a forensic audit of the financials of Tatia Global Venture and Nu Tek India, which were among the list of 331 suspected companies on whom trading curbs were imposed in August. Even as it has called for a forensic audit, the regulator has lifted the trading restrictions imposed on them.
1. Filmmaker Karan Johar wished S.S. Rajamouli on his 44th birthday on Tuesday, and called him the “best director of Indian cinema”. “Wishing the BEST director of Indian Cinema SS Rajamouli a very very happy birthday! Master storyteller and genius visionary,” Karan tweeted.
2. Veteran actor Shabana Azmi posted a tweet on Tuesday afternoon to support actor Hrithik Roshan, in the ongoing case against actor Kangana Ranaut. Shabana retweeted Hrithik’s post on Twitter and wrote words of encouragement for him. She tweeted, “Spoken like the true gentleman that you are! Bless you, dearest Hrithik and rest assured truth will prevail. Lots of love.”
3. Rajkummar Rao, whose next big screen outing is Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana, says he is not in a hurry to get married as he still feels like a child. He said, “I am not getting married in real life, so that’s why I am getting married in films. But there are times in films also where I don’t end up getting married. There is still so much time left for me to get married in real life. Right now, I am focusing on my work and I feel I am still a kid, so I am not in a hurry to get married.”
That’s all for the day, stay tuned for all the latest happening.