By Line: Vinayak Heliwal
Legendary Actress Sridevi is popularly known as” First Female superstar” and” Megastar of Indian Cinema” will be always remembered for her versatile acting, her beauty which captivated the audience’s heart, her iconic dialogue delivery talent and expressions which were widely acknowledged by the cinema lovers.
Sridevi a gem of Bollywood was known for her remarkable performances in her films with many veteran actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Kamal Haasan, Rajnikant, Rishi Kapoor, Jitendra, Mithun Chakraborty, Anil Kapoor, and many others. Sridevi was also a great dancer and performer and was named as expression queen of Bollywood.;
The iconic actress Sridevi made her Bollywood debut as a child artist in film Julie in 1975 and has given multiple hits like Sadma, Chandani, Chaalbaz, Nagina, Mr. India, etc. She was even honored Padma Shri in 2003 by the government of India.
It has been two years since the Hindi film industry lost her iconic actress Sridevi and it leaves a void as there won’t be another Sridevi in the coming decades. On the occasion of Sridevi’s birth anniversary let’s look back to the iconic dialogues of the legendary actress.
- Jeevan ke kis modh pe, kab koi mil jaaye; kaun keh sakta hai (Chandni, 1989)
- Mard khana banaye toh kala hai … aurat banaye toh uska farz hai(English Vinglish, 2012)
- Galat aur bahut galat mein se chunna ho to aap kya chunenge? (Mom, 2017)
- Sabhi badhe hote hai … magar koi apne badhon se bada nahi hota(Lamhe, 1991)
- Tujhe toh main all India star bankar dikhaongi (Chalbaaz 1989)
- Agar aap log mera saath chhodkar gaye … toh zindagi aap logon ka saath chhod degi (Army, 1996)
- Phool pyar ki nishani hoti hai aur khushboo uska ehsaas(Ram Avtar, 1988)
- Pehle main tumhare pyar mein deewani thi … aaj main tumhare izzat ki deewani ho gayi ( Inquilab,1984)