Madhya Pradesh hospital asked parents to arrange ventilator to save life of their child

Madhya Pradesh hospital asked parents to arrange ventilator to save life of their child

A one-and-a-half year old girl Anshika died of burn injuries at a government hospital in Madhya Pradesh which didn’t have ventilator. The doctors allegedly asked her parents to arrange one ventilator to save their daughter’s life.

A video went viral over the Internet, it shows the doctor telling the parents to arrange for ventilator because the burns ward doesn’t have a ventilator.

The doctor was identified as Dr. Jyoti Raut who then got immediately suspended because of the negligence and the irresponsibility she had shown.

Anshika’s father told that she had fallen into a pot of boiling water, she was rushed to Bundelkhand Medical College where the doctors said she had suffered 70 per cent of burns. No doctors were there in the ward and her condition started deteriorating.

He further added that Dr. Raut came to the ward after some time and informed them that the child is needed to be put in ventilator but the burns department doesn’t have one. She further asked  them to buy a ventilator and also told that it costs 1 Crore.

However, the child died in the evening. The Dean of the college said that a ventilator is available in ICU, the patient could have been shifted there. “I was out of town, so I am not aware of what exactly happened with the doctor and the family, we are conducting an inquiry”, Dean said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *