PM Narendra Modi is all set to get a brand new Air India One aircraft, which would be much like US President Barack Obama’s Air Force One. While the Indian prime minister has been using an aging Boeing 747 so far for traveling, Air India One’s aircraft will be upgraded to a state-of-the-art Boeing 777-300.
PM Narendra Modi, who has made 40 foreign trips in the two years since taking charge, may soon get a taste of flying in this advanced aircraft fitted with the latest in technology. According to the sources, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar is likely to finalise the deal of two new Boeing 777-300 in the Defence Acquisition Council meeting to be held on June 25.
The VIP Boeing 747 jumbo jet, has been serving VVIP’s for two decades, will be replaced by Boeing 777-300s and will be renamed as Air India One. With PM high on the target list of various terror groups, the aircraft will be equipped with hi-tech security equipment.
Air Commodore Prashant Dixit (retired), a defense analyst, says the aircraft is made of special radar-absorbing metal. The plane is equipped with technology that can dodge enemy radar and also retaliate in case of an air attack.
Few specifications of the aircraft are:
- Equipped with the latest communication facilities
- Can withstand grenade and rocket attack
- Can dodge and jam enemy radar
- Anti-missile defense systems
- Its robust defense systems including radar warning receivers and missile-approach warning systems
- Can store food for 2,000 people
- Air-air refueling facilities in case of emergency
- Doctors available 24×7
- An operating theater for emergency surgery
- Broadband, radio and telecom connections
- 19 TV sets
- A number of tools for official work
In addition to all the above specifications, the 777-300s will also have an executive office and a bedroom. How cool is that !