Wonder what’s wrong with relationships today? We may be freer than ever, we may love fearlessly and walk out of relationships when things don’t work out, and that’s great! But what we lack is the old world charm. Don’t you agree? Here’s why old school relationships were so much more special than modern dating.
1. Those were the times when technology hadn’t suffocated the essence of love. They didn’t have to call each other a dozen times every day. Their relationships didn’t occupy their lives. Personal space was never a problem. They may be called ‘old school’ but they were much freer than us in relationships.
2. The idea of not meeting everyday had a charm of its own. They didn’t go out on dates every weekend. A lot of them didn’t even know when they’d meet again, if at all. And that is what made every date special. That half an hour together meant much more than the weeks we spend together with our partners today.
3. People back then had less expectations set on their partners and their relationships. There weren’t as many in those days. Look at us today – it takes literally nothing for us to part ways with each other over the smallest of problems.
4. They weren’t obsessed with techonlogy. The blue Whatsapp ticks didn’t exist, neither did Facebook chats. Whatever was to be said, had to be said when they met. They never ran out of conversations. We have so much to say yet so less to talk about.
5. They didn’t feel the need to announce their love to the world. It was a sworn secret between the two of them the world didn’t know about. Stealing glances every now and then, holding each other’s hands when nobody was looking, sneaking out for a short walk, pretending like strangers when others were around – old school romance really was priceless.
6. Love was free of all distractions. They didn’t spend most oftheir times on their own smartphones or dates, they spent it actually talking to each other, getting to know each other or just staring into each other’s eyes. The world didn’t exist and time stood still for them when they were together. Lovers were really into each other and it showed.
7. Their relationships were full of unpredictability. Nobody knew where it was going and still, it was worth all the effort. It took time for people to get to know each other and with each passing day, their love stories took a new turn. They never knew till when they’d be together – never knew if the other person would ever call back again or not. And that made their love all the more passionate.
8. Their love stories were legendary and our films are a proof of that. It is a great success for our soceity that parents today are much more accepting of inter caste and inter religion relationships, no denying that. However, the parents played such an important role as external conflicts back then, the struggle made the love even stronger. Great love makes great stories and in those times, every love story was legendary.