Delhi Health Minister breaks silence on the lockdown extension and 2,098 deaths reports by MCD:

By Purvi Jain

Image source: ANI

Earlier on Friday, the Government of Delhi announced no extension of lockdown in the national capital. As per ANI reports, Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain said on being asked if there have been discussions to extend lockdown in the national capital, “No, the lockdown will not be extended.”

The Delhi health minister witnessed the highest single-day record of cases on Thursday with 1,877 new cases.

According to a health bulletin released on 10th June, 101 deaths were reported. Out of which 65 deaths were reported in the last 24 hours on Wednesday.

Jain stated COVID-19 as a “War-like situation” as it is the biggest tragedy of the century.

Health Minister ensured that the Aam Aadmi Party government will take all possible steps so that there is no shortage of facilities in controlling the increasing number of patients.

While there are 1,085 COVID-19 deaths till now, three municipal Corporations said there were 2,098 deaths. Reacting to this, Satyendar Jain asked, “Why don’t they share these details to us? Names, age, and reports, all details are needed. Ask them for a list of these numbers along with the (COVID) positive reports of those people.”

In Delhi, as per the update, 12,731 patients have been recovered and discharged with 20,871 active cases. While in the national capital total of 2,71,516 tests have been conducted till date.

As per the Delhi Government reports, the total death stands at 1,085 with total cases close to 35,000.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *